Friday, August 26, 2005

Fire ... heh, heh ... fire, fire

I made beef bourguignon last night for the very first time. It turned out really great. But I think the coolest part was my first experience lighting cognac on fire in food.

Well ... ok, ok ... the other cool part is that I bought myself an awesome knife finally. It's so much more fun to cook when you have a good knife to prep with.

Back to the cognac. I wasn't quite sure how to do it and wondered exactly how I was going to accomplish lighting it without burning my hand when the food was in the bottom of my dutch oven. I had no idea the fumes alone would make it flame up the second I put the match near the pot. And I had no idea the flames would go so high. *laff* I finally ended up blowing the fire out a tad before the alcohol was all burned off because I didn't want my smoke alarm to go off. I may be a bit more trusting the next time I do this. I can now see myself seeking out dishes with alcohol to burn. Banana's Foster anyone? :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home