Tuesday, May 31, 2005

2003 Chalone Vineyard Pinot Noir









This tastes like cherries and plums and it smells a bit like smoke.

I think I'm finally figuring out what oak "tastes like". This seems to have that quality.

The wine was good. I had a glass of this with my dinner: grilled chicken, salad and rice. I'm not sure this was the right food/wine pairing so perhaps the wine is actually better than I think. Perhaps I'll add more to this post when I have a 2nd glass.

2 Comments:

At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wondered for years what oak tastes like. I knew it was kind of buttery and rich, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Then I had Glenlivet 16 year French-oak aged Scotch. Suddenly it all came clear: oak tastes like oak-aged scotch without the scotch ;)

That somehow worked for me.

I like your blog. Didn't know you had one. I look forward to reading the more reviews.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger The Mufster said...

Hm. Funny. I'm definitely a scotch lover and hadn't really thought to compare the two in my mind! Thanks! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home