Sometimes, I could just kick myself
So at closing on 3/14/2005, BEA stock was up to $8.49 (BEAS). I asked myself, should I finally get out of everything BEA? And answered myself, the stock has been riding pretty steadily around the $8.30 mark for months and nothing about the company itself indicates it will go much below (or perhaps above that) ... not a strong argument to keep my options/ESPP ... not a strong argument to ditch them either.
So on 3/15/2005, I didn't do anything about it and instead just threw myself into my day. Somewhere along the way I had a conversation with somebody and made some remark about how the increase in oil cost was going to make the market go down. I checked at closing again. It had dropped back to around the $8.30 mark. Again I asked myself, should I sell? Aaaaaa. I just wanted to crawl into bed. Tomorrow wouldn't bring a big change, right?
I should've listened to myself. It's down to $8.16 right now. This makes me grumpy ... so I'm going to treat myself to a cup of fancy coffee on my way into the office rather than saving money by making it myself. I'm such an American.
Since the drop has nothing to do with BEA itself, I guess I'll ride it a bit longer.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home