Monday, March 14, 2005

The plumbing gods are testing me...

Well. I have yet another leak. This one is in a section of the drain pipes under the sink. It's cracked and dumping about 3 cups of water all over the cupboard everytime I do dishes. I guess it cracked from all the jimmying on the guts in the basement. I *think* I might be able to fix this one myself. Since I have the time, I'm going to try. For the next 3d while I'm at BEA working, however, I'm just going to leave the bowl under there.

Also the hot water faucet handle on my tub is again loosey-goosey, i.e., there is no "stop" when you turn it to keep it shut off. If I put it in the right position for the valve to be closed, the water does shut off. This one is easy to fix. I just need to get a screw driver and tighten it up. It's always last on my list of things to do since it works just fine. What have I learned? Never buy cheap faucets when you remodel a bathroom. More expensive faucets are worth every cent.

In case you haven't guessed, plumbing really isn't my thing. I take after my dad...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home